Tuesday, March 25, 2008

John Kerry update

I'm happy to report that my video of John Kerry was aired on CNN by Lou Dobbs. Of course, there was no credit given. A number of blogs, including BreitBart.tv and Greta Van Sustern also helped get the video over 10,000 views, which I think is new territory for me. Some jerk also captured it an re-uploaded 28 seconds of my clip, and that has 6,000 views. The Huffington Post linked to that one, and said that he "gave an interview with a local N.H. paper," which diminishes my confidence in the Huffington site.

Anyway, I guess I did my job if I got people looking at our stuff. Setting a camera up on a tripod isn't the hardest task in the world, but finding the few minutes out of an hour that people might be interested in takes a few brain cells.

Even if I keep thinking we're done talking about Obama's race, it seems to keep coming up. I'm saddened about the reposted clip. The user is not only stealing copyrighted material, but also edited the clip with a clear bias. Granted, I picked the part of the interview I found the most interesting, yes, even controversial, but I thought I gave his remarks appropriate context.

I suppose it's a lesson in today's media. Even when presented with the full argument, some will intentionally grab a few words to create controversy. This isn't news to anyone, but I've never been a party to it before.

No comments: