Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Twitter

Granted, I'm just getting my feet wet with Twitter. Two days of limited use isn't much. I've talked to people about it too. So far, I still don't really get the point.

I would say that "Highway Companion" by Tom Petty is a far more enjoyable experience than Twitter. Perhaps not his best work, but perfect for what it's title claims it to be. (That's my twitterific review of the album, just so you don't think I'm trying to make some snarky double-burn on Twitter and Tom Petty.)

So to hear people talk about Twitter like it craps Dilithium Crystals confounds me. I'm following eight people, including Shaq, MC Hammer, Britney and Wil Wheaton. Wil posts the most, second seems to be Hammer. Shaq is clearly to busy for grammar.

What's the point of just writing one sentence about a book you just read? I know I have a habit of writing about books I've just read on this blog, but I like to think I do some measure of analysis, however one-sided, ill-founded, unrefined and unclear.

Writing about it in Twitter is going to do what? Start some sort of one-sentence-at-a-time discussion? Tell the world you can read a book? (See, no one reads this blog, so I know I'm not bragging. If I were going to brag, I would write about how awesome I am at Marvel Alliance. Kraken probably can't look at himself in the mirror after what happened in Philly.)

Well feel free to discuss, please limit your response to 11 characters.

And I am putting that Tom Petty review on Twitter, maybe I'll just do that with my account. Reviews of old albums in 155 characters or whatever.