Thursday, May 29, 2008

But there were times

Two shows a day in Ottawa has whipped our ragtag outfit into...a smellier, wearier ragtag outfit that does two shows a day.

I kid.

As I had predicted, the show really is starting to run a lot better, now that we've only five shows left. We're actually watching tapes of recent shows now, making notes, constantly working to improve things.

Right now, we're watching Mossy work to fix her hair onstage. Mossy is a troll who has no arm movement, so she's jerking her head back and forth to fix it. Her hairpiece has since been re-pinned. Anyway, I think I did a valiant job of trying to disguise my problem. These are the things that happen daily. It keeps on our toes.

We're also realizing that there are at least a dozen parts of the script that make almost no sense. It's important that kids understand the way the world works, right? There are also four separate instances of characters taking off a mask to reveal another mask, and one on-stage head swap in a monster's mouth. Layers upon layers.

The local TV news came to a show, taped some footage and did an interview. Erminio showed us a tape of the TV playing the footage. Layers upon layers.

We've watched so many shows we can't tell that we've already seen this tape tonight. Glamorous.

I bought an ugly hat, but now I can tell people I bought it in Canada, and that gives it cred. I took a picture of myself wearing it in front of the Brown Loaf Bakery; a great spot to get baked goodies and my new name for my butt.

No comments: