Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The final wrap-up

I never really wrote a post-trip complete wrap-up, but I wrote something for the Standard-Times that I spent some real time with, as opposed to the fifteen minutes or so I spent on most of my blog posts.

There were four pictures, including two of me, but I deleted one. I really wanted zero of me. Everyone seems to want their picture in the paper, maybe our living editor thought she was doing me a favor. I've been in the paper enough times.

Returning to work hasn't been much fun. They laid off 16 people, and changed my job around. So I've quit my job. I'm going to move to Swansea and live with my dad, take as many puppet gigs as I can get and work for GlobalEduHealth.org. That URL doesn't go anywhere yet, but be patient.

So the summer lays at my feet. There'll be more traveling with Nazo, concerts, beach time and maybe a trip to Burning Man. It's the American way.

I'm excited to have time to visit all my friends and family, but I'll be working hard even after my last day at the paper friday; I just won't get paid that much. And the price of gas makes those long trips a lot less appealing.

No comments: