Thursday, May 8, 2008

New clothes!

Like a giddy seventeen-year-old girl, I'm here to tell you all about the clothes I bought last night, and the experiments I did with them.

I'm getting ready to head to Canada, where I'll be doing multiple shows a day for a few days straight, getting sweaty and such. So...a potentially smelly three weeks.

I have this black T made from spagey polymers or something that is supposed to wick moisture and do all that, it's pretty great. Normally I just wear cotton, and get wet. It's gross. I'm hoping to change that model.

After spending nearly $47 at Marshalls, I have a pair of high-tech wicking underwear, some polyester socks, and two high-tech t-shirts. All black, as is the Nazo tradition.

I figure I can change shirts and socks between shows once a day, which could be great if it really heats up. It's hot in the costumes even in winter, really.

So I dunked them all thoroughly in the sink last night, wrung them out and hung them to dry in the bathroom. After a few hours, they were still a little damp, but by morning bone dry. I also bought a pair of board shorts that I did the same with. So now I have an entire wardrobe I can wash in the hotel sink, dry over night and be ready to go with in the morning. Obviously this isn't everyone's idea of hygiene, but I like the idea of sustainability on the road.

I'm bringing other clothes too, but as always I'm trying to pack super light. One pair of shoes, one pair of pants, stuff like that.

Some other recent additions to my trip luggage include a borrowed iPod and a tiny point-and-shoot digital camera.

No comments: