Thursday, May 22, 2008

Penticton

We wrapped up our intergalactic creature show in Vancouver after five shows, and several strolls and workshops. My favorite part of the trip has become the minutes directly after a show. Children want to meet and talk to my character, and I can actually talk back. I tell them to study their chemistry, pose for a few pictures and answer questions. It's kind of special.

We also spent time TEARING UP several dance scenes, including the festival closing party. The Topcats played, which was essentially the Nazo band without masks. The musicians we have in the band right now are out of this world.

So we got on a bus with Linda Tillery and the Cultural Heritage Choir, Les Parfaits Inconnus and some other performers and drove to this Penticton place. They call it a city. It reminds me of a small midwest city, except with lakes and mountains. Everything is spread out for no good reason, stuff is newish but not that nice.

The festival grounds, tents and crowds are smaller, but the kids still loved our first show today, and the stroll went well too.

Hopefully I'll find more time with the Net soon. No new pictures for now.

Much love.