Friday, January 23, 2009

I Way

Driving home from Pawtucket last night, HJY was playing Stairway to Heaven.

I realize that this song's reputation has diminished some, some say it's the most requested song ever, which can only be negative in some minds. Anyway, we've all heard this song many many times. I don't hear it much these days though, as we all seem to have more control over the music we listen to. This entire aside is not meant for the sake of exalting Zeppelins tune, but rather to explain that the song was on, I hadn't heard it in many months, I was enjoying and possibly hearing new things as is often the case in such situations.

So I-Way construction, or rather demolition, was underway on the Pine Street Bridge. Just a spring clean. Bright orange sparks cascaded down from a workman's tool to the closed lanes below. I was struck.

I contemplated getting off the highway and watching. I thought maybe I could stare at it until some new meaning in my life percolated to my mind. I could then write somethin very insightful in this very blog.

But I was already over the river at that point, as we wind on down the road. So I found no insight, my life didn't seem any more orderly and this entry has little purpose.

I saw a Dodge truck with a sticker portraying Calvin peeing on the Volkswagen logo, whatever that means.

No comments: